LinkedIn Profile is a great place to add your resume. It’s useful when you’re looking for work and to showcase your professional experience.
This article will explain why LinkedIn is so important and how to do it well.
We will also be discussing the best practices and top tips.
Let’s now look at the reasons you should upload your resume to LinkedIn.
LinkedIn: Why add your resume?
You’re probably looking for a part-time or full-time job, or an internship opportunity, and you’ve likely been browsing various portals such as Indeed or Welcome to the Jungle. There are hundreds of jobs available on these platforms, but browsing and applying for them is not enough.
Your resume and you must be attractive to managers and recruiters. Your resume should reflect your personality and shine.
LinkedIn offers a significant advantage over other networks in that you can create a ‘virality effect’ by adding your resume to the network.
If you have a well-optimized LinkedIn profile, resume posting can greatly help with your search. It can also bring in much-needed traffic for your Closely official Website.
Let’s take a look at the best way to upload a resume to LinkedIn.
How do you add your resume to LinkedIn?
These are the steps to follow:
- Log in to LinkedIn and then go to your profile.
- Next, click on the “+” button. It will be located in the “Our selection bar.”
- You will now see the “Media” button. Click on it.
- You can now upload your resume in PDF format.
Your LinkedIn profile can be added to a post (in an appealing way).
Your network and connections, as we have already mentioned, can give you an edge when posting your resume.
If ten people respond (blue thumbs and applause, hearts etc ), then a certain percentage of those users can see your post on their main page.
To get maximum attention, make sure you have a great post with catchy titles and attractive visuals.
Use LinkedIn to communicate your resume
You can also promote your LinkedIn resume by making it a complete article. You can easily do the same with your LinkedIn profile.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to the homepage of your LinkedIn profile.
- Next, locate the “Write a LinkedIn article” option at the top of the page and click it.
- You can then write anything you like.
This format allows you to add visuals of certificates, accomplishments, and videos. You can even integrate info graphics if desired.
Let’s say you work in digital marketing (web design, web development, etc.). This can be a great way to show off your past work and achievements.
These are the Four Best and Most Creative Ways to Find a Job on LinkedIn
This section will discuss the four creative ways LinkedIn can help you find your dream job.
Now that you’re familiar with how to add your LinkedIn resume, it’s time for you to explore the platform more to find the job of your dreams.
These are our tried and true hacks:
- Motion Designing allows you to create an animated/video resume that will be viewed by thousands.
- Use the “AIDA” approach to engage users. This will ensure they read the entire post.
For your convenience, here is a explanation:
- To be visible and rank higher in search results, you should first update your LinkedIn profile.
- PictoryAI will be able to help you. PictoryAI can dramatically increase the reach of your posts and can help you get 10x more hits to your publications. The tool’s efficiency will amaze you.
How do you write a compelling Curriculum Vitae?
You must first distinguish and improve your resume’s overall structure and content. Graphic designing is at its best in 2021. You must make the most of it and use it to distinguish your resume from hundreds.
- Here are some content suggestions:
- You can add your sweet smile to a professional photograph.
- Your resume should clearly state the job title or position that you are applying for.
- You can use a catchy phrase, but it should be kept to a few lines below the name. The sentence should be compelling enough to encourage the reader not to stop reading your resume.
- Please fill in the appropriate information. It is possible to also include the logos of your organization.
- Tell them about your work history and what project you have been involved in. Do not forget to mention your unique talents.
- Please complete the following information about your certifications to enhance your resume’s authority.
- When creating your resume, keep your focus on your strengths and qualities. But make sure they are relevant for the job you want.
Design considerations for resumes:
- Microsoft Word isn’t the best choice for creating a resume today.
- To create a stunning resume, use Photoshop or Canva.
- Premium templates are recommended.
- Limit to 2 fonts
- Limit to three colors
- You should ensure that you use the right contrast between the fonts and background.
- To make it more appealing, add icons.
- Make it as graphic as possible.
LinkedIn is the largest professional networking site with millions of members from all over the globe. It connects job seekers with recruiters around the globe. Employers looking for skilled candidates will also benefit from the platform. A great resume is essential to making your impression. Now you know how to make one and how to upload it to LinkedIn.